This site is dedicated to the three great adventurers, Ally, Arthur and their dog Hoover. Their latest adventures are documented in the beautifully illustrated children's book entitled Our Magic Bunk Bed. Please give it a read on your Kindle device or Kindle app, your kids will thank you for it.


Monday, August 5, 2013

Judge A Book By Its Cover

I am thinking of updating the cover of my book to make it more visually appealing.  I like my other one, but it is not the most interesting of covers.  It doesn't make you think, "Wow! I can't wait to see what is inside this book."  So, in an effort to get more people to give my book a chance, I have made a new cover.  The only problem is that I am not sure if it is any better than the last one.  There are three things that I need to consider.  First, is this cover more visually appealing.  Second, does it match with the rest of the book.  Third, does it convey the right feeling for the story inside.

For me, the new cover screams magical adventure, but loses some of the childlike dress-up feel of the original.  I think the new one is much more interesting though, and technically better from an illustration standpoint.   What are your thoughts?

New Cover:

Original Cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment